Wednesday, October 22, 2008

LOOOONG overdue update!

I'm baaaaaaack!! I really don't even no where to begin since it has been so long! Part of the problem is that Lucas and I were out of town for 2 weeks due to a death in the family and trying to get caught back up has been insane!!

Let's start of with what is new with Lucas. He now has a total of 4 teeth! He has the two on bottom and two on top. This last tooth has been especially painful for him and I am very grateful for Tylenol! Lucas is now sitting up on his own. While he is still a little bit wobbly, he is doing excellent and enjoying playing with his toys on his own. He is also a roly-poly right now. He is rolling all over the floor! Lucas has now been introduced to solid foods and hasn't met anything that he doesn't like yet! It is fun to watch him explore new tastes, but I am not a big fan of the new diapers! Another food change is that we have pretty much stopped breastfeeding. Yes, the lovely little man has bitten his mother and that was the end of that! He is taking to formula very well and while I was not quite ready to stop yet, I think it is best for everyone involved! Lucas took his first plane ride a couple of weeks ago to Tampa. He did great! While we were there for a sad occasion, the passing of my Aunt Elinor, Lucas had so much fun meeting and spending time with his Great-Grandma Agie. He also got to spend lots of time with his Great-Auntie Sue, whom made him chuckle for the first time! Lucas even put himself on a little schedule of taking two two hour naps a day. Sadly, this hasn't really continued. After coming back home, Lucas spent the night away from mommy and daddy for the first time at Nana's house. I know he had a great time, and I think mom and dad handled the evening pretty well! I think that's a pretty good summary of what little man has been up to these days. I will try and post some pics soon.

As for the rest of us, Kevin has been very busy at work and also studying for his upcoming exam. We have some end-of-the-year vacations coming up and he is looking forward to getting away for a while. I have been enjoying a women's bible study on Thursday mornings with some wonderful ladies! I have only been able to attend 2 MOPS groups, missing one to being out of town, but I have loved it so far! I will be missing the next one due to being out of town, but after that I don't plan to miss anymore!!!

Well, I think that about sums everything up for now. We will be going to a pumpkin patch with our Journey group this weekend. I can't wait to get some good pictures of Lucas!

1 comment:

Amy Chase said...

Welcome back! It was great to read a new post. I can't wait to see little Lucas's first pumpkin pictures. Hope to see ya'll soon!